How Will We Operate Safely?
Because there is an overwhelming demand, we are opening our South Philly store on June 1st by appointment only. Glasses are a medical necessity and while we have done our best to assist customers from home while closed, we have been able to do only some of our services. We have devised an operating plan that allows us to help our patients and customers while keeping our staff, customers and community safe and healthy. Please take the time to read the key points of our elaborate safety plan which we will strictly adhere to:
- Our doors will remain locked and you, one optician and one optometrist (if applicable) will be in the shop at the same time.
- We have installed a remote door locking system so optician can unlock front door from an app on their phone when you arrive.
- Upon arrival, you will be required to apply hand sanitizer, gloves, masks and shoe covers. These items will be supplied to you. InnerVision has large supplies of these PPE items.
- The glass doors have been removed from our display cases to reduce unnecessary touching and you will access the frames on your own (if you would like us to style you, we will bring frames to you as you sit at a frame dispensing desk).
- All frames that you try on will be disinfected in Barbicide after you are finished with them (Barbicide has been approved for efficacy against Human Coronavirus, including COVID-19 by third party independent labs).
- In the South Philly location, the optician in the store with you will remain behind the desk (which will be outfitted with sneeze guards) which is set back and up a few steps from the showroom — at least 12’ from the showroom.
- Between appointments the chair and dispensing table, and hand sanitizer bottle will be cleaned as well as the inside and outside of the front door handle. Disinfecting cleaner will be provided to you should you decide you would like to further clean the chair and desk or any other surface.
- Unfortunately you will not be permitted to use our restroom.
- We will use a measurement system that will require you to take three picture of yourself with your phone, so please be sure to bring your smart phone with you.
- The optician will be able to adjust your glasses and will use rubbing alcohol to disinfect the frames and lenses before returning them for you to try on — there will be a designated spot to place items so that direct hand offs do not have to be made.
- For payments, you will read aloud your credit card information to the optician who will type the information directly in to the credit card processor (credit card & itemized receipts, as well as prescriptions, will be emailed).
- The optometry office will be cleaned thoroughly with disinfecting cleaner at the beginning, end and in between each appointment.
- The optometrist will use a head shield, mask and gloves during the duration of your eye or contact lens exam, the door in the exam room will open during most of the exam, and of course, you and the doctor will wear gloves, masks and shoe covers during the duration of the exam.
- Air filtration systems will be in both the exam room and the showroom.
- All orders will either be shipped to you or picked up using our curbside service. For curbside service you must make an appointment, as you can have your glasses adjusted while you wait in your car and we will only have one optician in the store.
Innervision Eyewear, who has brought Philadelphia the finest exclusive eyewear in the world, accepts most major vision insurances.
Innervision accepts Aetna, NVA, Davis Vision, and Eye Med to name a few and contact us to discuss other options surrounding VSP, Spectera, and Health Partners.